Tuesday 12 July 2011

Mark Driscoll Facebook

I have read some of Mark Driscoll's books .I appreciate many of his gifts .I agree with some of his theological stances and disagree with others..
He is a better preacher,writer,communicator and leader and generally more holy guy , than I will ever be.
I was therefore amazed to see this on his facebook status

"So, what story do you have about the most effeminate anatomically male worship leader you’ve ever personally witnessed?"


We Christians shoot ourselves in the foot so often! Perhaps I lack a sense of humour ; I don't think his status  is very wise nor do I think it is very kind and the book of James makes clear our words are important

 I must always remember  that all people matter to God ,Jesus died for us all we are all sinners
It is all  about grace. Jesus loves sinners so often in the church we don't give the impression of even liking them very much

I am persuaded on the value of Christians engaging with social media and have blogged on it here
I value robust discussion on a variety of things
People are allowed to disagree with each other

I just don't see what is to be gained by this and there is potential to hurt

As my mum used to say if we cant think of anything nice to say (on Facebook or anywhere else) perhaps we shouldn't say anything at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment