Tuesday 14 July 2009

Nothing changes here- but it should!

I suppose, like many people these days, I do most of my reading of newspapers online ,I was struck by this piece in todaysTelegraph.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/5811994/Church-of-England-needs-more-bishops-not-fewer-General-Synod-hears.html and particularly by this phrase "We do feel that there is a resistance to change in the hierarchical structures and staffing of the Church of England, and this lack of vision is a barrier to renewal of the church in ministry and mission, and it needs challenging."
It certainly not only the C of E that resists change! I think many people see the church as a buttress against a changing world but while the gospel never changes the way we communicate that gospel to a rapidly changing world is critical .We have to speak to people in ways and language they understand. God give us vision to see things not as they are but as they could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment