Sunday, 2 October 2011
A morning with our church leaders
We had a great session with our church leaders yesterday !
We gathered on a beautiful October morning to think and to pray about about our priorities in the next 1-3 years.
These are a great bunch of people, who have stuck with the church through good times and the bad, and we have travelled an exiting but not always easy journey together
In the process we have grown and built strong relationships with a high level of mutual trust.
Given all that it was no surprise that we were agreed as to what those priorities should be.
I won't post them on here yet because we need to share them with the church first(though reading this blog would allow anyone to make an educated guess as to what they are !)
The task now is to make sure that we focus our prayers and energy on those priorities and make sure we have the people and the structures in place to fulfil God's purposes for us
We enjoyed lunch in the garden together before heading for home!
As a postsript in the morning we asked ourselves these questions to both give us context and guide our prayers.I found them online (but have forgotten where Sorry!)
and adapted them slightly for our situation
1. When was the last time I heard from God? Am I doing what he called me to do?
2. What should our church be known for in this community?
3. Are we really focusing our time, money, leadership, prayer behind the things that will produce life change and community impact?
4. Is our church growing both spiritually and in numbers?
5. Is there a clear path to help people take steps in their faith with the ultimate goal of them becoming fully-devoted followers of Christ? (ie disciples)
6. What does a disciple of Christ looks like?
7. Are we empowering the people of God to do God’s work?
8. Are we developing leaders?
9. Do believers see their ministry happening only at the church or have they become missionaries to their families, their neighborhoods, their workplaces, their schools, etc
10 Do I have the right leaders around me to accomplish the vision?